Friday 11 April 2014

Salute 2014

I am off to Salute with me old pal Pulp Citizen in the morning. I am very excited. I have pre-ordered lots of stuff, so this time I can spend more time taking photos, and trying out games- I thing one day is too short a time for an event like Salute: I would prefer a whole week end!

This year I am going to concentrate on buying stuff for my Modern African wargaming setting- Zugando. I am going to pick up a few militias, and some obsolete ex-soviet block T-34/85's to give the USMC something to worry about. I am going to look at the militia from Eureka and from a new company called Specter Miniatures (who will be launching a modern wargaming Kick Starter on the 1st May.)

In addition to the modern stuff, I am mostly going to concentrate on Napoleonics, and namely the Peninsular War- I shall be visiting Front Rank, Eureka, Trent, SHQ and Perry: I have quite a long shopping list. Some of it will be obvious- 95th rifles etc, but some might be a bit more surprising/interesting.



Last on my list is some English Civil War clubmen form Warlord- Not really my period, but it is a popular periods at the Earlswood Wargamers, and So I thought I would paint a few for the club, just because they look interesting. 

Finally I will be taking a bit of cash for the odd impulse buy that Salute always necessitates. 

I will be sure to post pictures of what I buy ASAP!

1 comment:

Simon Quinton said...

Hope you had a good time and look forward to seeing some pics and the loot haul!